If you want to contact us, you can do it via the contact form 😉
Is this blog for you?
- You’re a beginner in bachata and you don’t know where to start
- You’d like to learn how to dance bachata and be guided step by step
- You have already some basic notions about bachata but you’d like to step up to the next level, be able to social dance
- You love all about bachata: culture, history, styles, musicality, social dancing…
So this blog is made for you. With our articles and videos, you will learn:
- How to start bachata and become a great bachata dancer
- Tips and tools to improve yourself and enjoy your bachata journey
- Knowledge about bachata history, musicality, styles…
- How to be more confident on the dance floor (right mindset)
- How to stay in shape for dancing (diet, gym)
Who are we?
I’m Alex Alberola, an international bachata artist, dancer, coach, judge, and event organizer. I’m traveling around the world transmitting my passion for bachata through workshops, conferences, coaching, shows at many festivals, and dance schools.
And I’m Aurelie Chapelain, an amateur bachata dancer, very passionate about this dance, and also a dietitian in my daily life. Obviously, I don’t have the same Palmares as my partner 🙂! However, I can say bachata has become a revelation when I first discovered it. I literally fell in love with everything about it. Since that moment, bachata has become most of my life.
Our story in few words...
Let’s talk a little bit more about Alex’ bachata biography, (we put only a few lines because the list is long! But if you want to know more about him, check out his personal website):
- The precursor of Bachata Sensual and Bachatango in Catalonia, Spain (since 2010). One of the first artists in Europe to start traveling internationally and teaching bachata, helping develop the early stages of bachata in Spain, Europe, and Asia
- Main judge and director of an international bachata competition: Bachata Stars International and also judge in other well-known world competitions
- Director of a famous international bachata festival: Top bachata festival
- Creator of the Alex Alberola certification course for teachers all over the world
- Personal titles: Champion of Catalonia Bachatastars, 3rd position international competition Bachatarte
- Background: ballroom since 1996, salsa dancer and teacher (since 2006), founder of Ballroom salsa dance company (since 2008)
From my part, the list is short 🙂 I started learning bachata in France in 2016 for one year (PS: Yes I’m french, so sorry in advance for my English. I’ll try to give my best, I promise 🙂).
Since that, I’ve decided to travel around the world and keep learning and improving my bachata from very talented international artists: Korke and Judith from Spain, Alex Alberola from Spain, La Negra from Spain, Carlos and Chloe from Australia.
Why this blog?
This blog “Let’s Dance Bachata” was born when I was in Australia because of my real passion for bachata and my desire to improve myself. During that time, I had the chance to meet Alex, this amazing artist (you saw his curriculum 😉). This meeting transformed literally my life because 2 years after, we’ve decided to work together and give a different approach to the blog, adding professional expertise that Alex can offer.
So, for now, if you’re a beginner or already a bachata dancer who wants to learn from zero or progress, we invite you to join us in this adventure. Our goal is to make you enjoy your dance journey with us! Let’s do it together, step by step! 😉